Minimate™ TFF System
- Get Quote
Designed to work with the Minimate TFF Capsule, this easy-to-use system can process sample volumes up to 1L or more and efficiently concentrate samples to as little as 5 mL. Subsequent desalting or buffer exchange steps can be run on the same system with minimal user intervention.
The ready-to-use Minimate TFF System includes a variable speed peristaltic pump, as well as a 0 – 4 bar (0 – 60 psi) pressure gauge, valves, 500 mL reservoir with magnetic stir bar, and stir plate all assembled on a compact drip tray. The use of a peristaltic pump with disposable tubing and fittings minimizes sample cross-contamination while providing gentle processing for biomolecules. All wetted parts meet USP Class VI testing.
The reservoir is designed to hold up to 500 mL of sample and provides efficient mixing of product. The tapered bottom and optimally located feed and return ports reduce the system hold-up volume, which allows high concentration factors to be achieved. The reservoir lid seals tightly allowing additional sample volume or diafiltration solution to be drawn into the reservoir by vacuum created as filtrate is generated through the TFF device. This allows continuous diafiltration to be performed and eliminates the need for a transfer pump. When it’s time to retrieve your sample, simply open the valve on the reservoir outlet and pump out your sample.
- Concentrate and desalt proteins, peptides or nucleic acids (DNA, RNA, oligonucleotides)
- Recover antibodies or recombinant proteins from clarified cell culture media
- Process metal sensitive enzymes and molecules
- Separate (fractionate) large from small biomolecules
- Concentrate viruses or gene therapy vectors
- Prepare samples prior to column chromatography
- Concentrate samples after gel filtration
- Depyrogenate water, buffers, and media solutions
- Ready to Use – Plug in a Minimate TFF capsule, add sample and turn on the pump to start processing. The Minimate TFF system includes all the hardware, tubing and fittings needed to get your TFF process up and running quickly
- High Concentration Factors – The low system working volume achieved through the use of a conical bottom reservoir and compact design enable high concentration factors from up to 1L or more of sample to be achieved. Concentrate your sample down to as little as 5 mL
- Secure – All wetted components are made from low protein-binding, chemically resistant, USP Class VI materials The system has a very low volume and interior fluid contact area. Fluid does not pass through and is not retained in the pump mechanism, as it does with diaphragm or piston pumps. If cross-contamination is a concern, simply change the tubing between samples. The Easy-Load® pump head makes it easy to replace the system tubing.
- Gentle Processing – Roller head peristaltic pumps are the choice for critical applications such as fragile biomolecules. Alternative pumps use direct mechanical action on the fluids, and increase the possibility of damage to cells or proteins
- Easy Cleaning and Maintenance – System components are designed for easy assembly and disassembly, no tools required. Tubing and fitting replacement is simple and quick. Slip nuts for luer locks eliminate tubing kinks
All fittings are simple and inexpensive to replace. Three-way valves at the reservoir inlet and outlet can be used for sample recovery or spill free addition of rinse and cleaning fluids.
- Efficient – Continuous diafiltration for desalting or buffer exchange can be performed unattended. The diafiltration buffer container is connected to the lid of the feed reservoir. By simply pulling a vacuum on the feed reservoir, new buffer is drawn into the feed reservoir at the same rate filtrate is generated. The stir plate ensures adequate mixing of the buffer addition
- Compact Design – Saves valuable bench space, making the entire fluid path easily accessible for built-in flexibility
- Process Monitoring – Pressure gauge enables monitoring of feed pressure
Materials of Construction
|Reservoir O-ring||EP Rubber|
|Magnetic Stir Bar||PTFE coated|
|Gauge Wetted Parts||316L stainless steel|
|Gauge Mounting Block||Polypropylene|
|Luer Fittings||Polypropylene and stainless steel|
|Tubing||C-flex* and Pharmed*|
|Four-way Valves||Polycarbonate body, polyethylene core|