Minimate™ TFF Capsules
- Get Quote
The easy to use Minimate TFF capsule is a valuable tool for any laboratory requiring tangential flow filtration of small process volumes. Sample batch sizes of up to one liter can be reduced to as low as 5 mL.
Sample concentration and diafiltration (desalting) can take place sequentially using the same device and system, saving time and avoiding product loss associated with transfer steps.
The Minimate TFF Capsules contain a robust, polyethersulfone, ultrafiltration (UF) membrane. The Omega UF membrane offers low non-specific adsorption characteristics resulting in high product recovery.
The Minimate TFF capsules are available with a wide range of molecular weight cut-offs. They can be used in a variety of biological applications in biotechnology, molecular biology, protein chemistry, microbiology and immunology.
Minimate Capsule Applications
- Concentrate and desalt proteins, peptides, or nucleic acids (DNA, RNA, oligonucleotides)
- Recover antibodies or recombinant proteins from clarified cell culture media
- Process metal sensitive enzymes and other biomolecules
- Separate (fractionate) large from small biomolecules
- Concentrate viruses or gene therapy vectors
- Prepare samples prior to column chromatography
- Concentrate samples after gel filtration
- Depyrogenate water, buffers, and media solutions
- Ready to use – Minimate TFF capsule includes all fittings and tubing to simplify installation into filtration setups. This versatile, self-contained device works with most laboratory pumps
- Cost-effective design – The plastic construction of the Minimate TFF capsule and chemical compatibility of the Omega membrane facilitate cleaning and reuse
- Scalable – The Minimate TFF capsules have the same path length and similar materials of construction as larger Centramate and Centrasette cassettes used in pilot and production scale. Several Minimate TFF capsules may be connected in parallel for increased membrane area Predictable performance saves time when scaling up a process.
- High Product Recovery – Optimized flow path design coupled with low protein binding Omega membrane minimize non-specific binding
- Efficient – Concentration and desalting processes can be performed on the same system with minimal user intervention. Achieve high concentration factors in a single processing step due to the low hold-up volume of the device
- Disposable – This economically priced device can be dedicated to a single batch or process eliminating the time required for cleaning
- Confidence – Each pharmaceutical grade Minimate capsule is 100% integrity tested during manufacture to ensure reliable performance. For critical applications the user can re-test the integrity after initial use. A Certificate of Quality is included with each capsule.
|Effective Filtration Area||50 cm2 (0.05 ft2)|
|Recommended Crossflow||60 – 70 mL/min|
|Operating Temperature Range||5 – 50 °C (41 – 122 °F)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||4 bar (400 kPa, 60 psi)|
|pH Range||1 – 14|
|Product Hold-up Volume||Approximately 1.6 mL|
|Forward Flow Air integrity Value||≤ 7/mL/min @ 0.75 bar (10 psi)|
|Nominal Dimensions||(L x W x H nominal): 200 mm x 380 mm x 180mm (8 in x 1.5 in x 0.7 in)|
Materials of Contruction
|Filter Media||Omega Membrane (polyethersulfone)|
|Housing||Polypropylene, Glass reinforced|
|Screens, housing sealing rings, fittings||Polypropylene|
|Membrane plate/filtrate channels||Polyethylene|