- Get Quote
Core-shell technology for HPLC or UHPLC, for less band broadening
Using sol-gel processing techniques that incorporate nano-structuring technology, a durable, homogeneous porous shell is grown on a solid silica core to create a core-shell particle. This particle morphology results in less band broadening compared to fully porous particles and thus delivers extremely high efficiencies.
Kinetex Core-shell Technology delivers dramatic improvements in efficiency over fully porous media which can be leveraged to increase resolution, improve productivity, reduce solvent consumption, and decrease costs. Whether you are running HPLC or UHPLC methods, the Kinetex Core-shell family can deliver shockingly improved performance over the current column you are using.
- Kinetex F5: a highly reproducible pentafluorophenyl (PFP) phase that offers a unique combination of polar, hydrophobic, aromatic and shape selectivity.
- Kinetex EVO: pH 1-12 stable C18 that delivers robust methods and improved peak shape for bases.
Core-shell Technology vs Fully Porous columns
Kinetex 5µm: instantly improve fully porous 5µm and 3µm methods
Kinetex 2.6µm: a versatile upgrade for HPLC & UHPLC
Kinetex 1.7 & 1.3µm: get the best performance out of your UHPLC system
Available Kinetex phases
Core-shell vs fully porous particles
- High particle density helps create optimal bed structure which reduces band broadening effects of Eddy Diffusion
- Ultra-high performance on HPLC and UHPLC systems alike
- Reduced diffusion path improves efficiency
- Less homogenuous bed structure leads to performance loss
- Ultra-high performance limited to sub 2-µm particles on UHPLC systems
- Diffusion path limits efficiencies
Extremely High Efficiencies with Core-shell Particles