Heat-On Block System
- Get Quote
Heat-On is the safest, fastest and most efficient way to heat and stir a round bottom flask, from 10ml to 5L.
It is widely accepted that oil baths and heating mantles are no longer the preferred choice of chemists to heat round bottom flasks. The risk of oil fires and injury from hot oil spills, plus the mess and cost associated with the use of oil means that oil baths no longer represent safe or cost effective working practice in labs. Heat-On is the solution.
- Replace messy oil baths, heating mantles and avoid spills.
- Make your chemistry safer, cleaner and faster.
- Save money on buying and disposing of heating oil.
- Eliminate the environmental impact of waste oil.
- Solid aluminium blocks provide even heating.
- Lightweight design allows rapid heating.
- Unique well design eliminates cracking of flasks.
- Use up to 260°C.
- Blocks feature two probe holes and optional lifting handles.
- Also accepts Florentine Flasks.
Heating mantles are also expensive, difficult to clean, do not respond well to spills and often create hot spots when heating. Hence, scientists are increasingly turning to specially designed aluminium blocks located on stirring hotplates to heat standard round bottom flasks.
Furthermore, with repeated heating and contamination from chemicals, water and general debris, heating oil will discolour and degrade. This degradation results in a dangerous lowering of the oil’s flashpoint as well as increased smoking and fumes. This degradation inevitably results in the need to regular replace the oil to maintain a safe working environment.
Not only does heating oil pose a safety risk but it is also expensive to buy and dispose of. Research shows that using Heat-On can quickly save money compared with using and disposing of oil. Plus there is also the added benefit to the environment of not having to dispose of oil waste.